Happy late Halloween y’all! I absolutely LOVE Halloween. I have dressed up every year no matter what I do. It’s a great excuse to wear crazy makeup and I am makeup obsessed! So, of course, I broke out the glitter, lashes, and everything BLUE.
At work Monday, we had a costume contest where the mayor was the judge. Allison (Because I Said So), Kaitlyn (Kait Around the Kingdom), and I decided if we were going to win we would win together! So we put our creative minds to work and came up with a fun DIY costume. We transformed ourselves into TROLLS! It was only fitting since the new kids movie, Trolls, comes out this Friday.
Did I mention the winner of the costume contest got a paid day off? Obviously, I was aiming to win this thing so I woke up at 5:30AM to start on my makeup and hair. Once I arrived at work, I helped Allison and Kaitlyn with theirs too. All of our time and effort that was put into this costume paid off because…WE WON!!
Here is an easy guide on how I achieved this look.
- After moisturizing, apply primer all over your face. This leaves your face silky smooth making the foundation apply easier and leaving a flawless finish!
- Apply foundation all over your face. This foundation has great coverage and smells good too!
- Use concealer to cover any blemishes. Also, by putting this under your eyes in a triangular shape, it will diminish dark circles and brighten your face.
- Dust finishing powder all over your face to set the foundation. This keeps the foundation on all day long and creates a smooth matte look on your skin.
- Apply eyeshadow to your crease and blend well. I used the shade Hot Blue.
- Dust glitter onto your eyelids. You may want to wet your lid or use a glitter primer so that the glitter will stick.
- Apply eyeliner to your eyes. I used the shade Sunrise Blue. The pigment is amazing!
- Carefully apply false eyelashes. I love how thick and dramatic these are.
- Fill in your eyebrows with blue eyeliner. This really brings the whole look together.
- Go over the inner part of your eyebrows with a colored mascara. This gives the brows a nice fade of color.
- Contour your face with the same blue eyeshadow that you used on your eyes. Blend this very well or it will look odd.
- Add a nose using the blue eyeliner and freckles using a white eyeliner.
- Apply bright blue lip stick. This lipstick stays on for hours and dries with a matte finish.
- Make this look last all day with setting spray. Spray a generous amount all over face and let dry.
- Next, the hair. This was probably the hardest part. I put a travel-sized shampoo bottle on top of my head and gathered my hair around it. I used a hair tie to secure the top of the bottle and my hair together. Then another hair tie at the very ends of my hair so it would stick straight up.
- Use a lot of hairspray. Then spray your hair with temporary color.
- Finally, add bows so that the hair ties don’t show. Slip on an oversized t-shirt and matching leggings. And there you have it!
I also finally purchased liquid latex and fake blood this year to play around with and OMG is it fun! You can take this look to another level by giving yourself some bite marks or knife wounds. Troll on!
Shop my look or pin it for later below!